2020, what a year! It’s has been tough on everyone, but particularly challenging for teachers, who have handled all the changes with grace and a good attitude. Teachers deserve the best, and at the very least they deserve a thoughtful, useful gift this holiday season.
Here are some of my favorite teacher gifts – many of them recommended by teachers themselves!
Best Teacher Gifts
This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission if you shop using the links below at no additional cost to you. Paisley + Sparrow is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Thanks so much for supporting me and this blog!
1. Yeti Cup
Coffee is a lifeline for most, but especially for early rising teachers! Imagine trying to teach not just your child but 20 to 30 children without coffee. Impossible. Buy the mug.
- Comes with YETI MagSlider Lid, which uses magnets to keep drinks in
- Dishwasher safe
- No sweat design
- Double-wall insulated
2. Snacks and Drinks to Keep in Their Desk
Lunch breaks may or may not happen for teachers on any given day, and more than a few teachers told me that they always have snacks in their desk! Nobody likes to be hangry and you especially don’t want your child’s teacher hangry while they’re trying to teach.
Product Pick: Wiley Wallaby Classic Red Licorice
- Fat free
- Soft, chewy, bursting with flavor
- No high-fructose corn syrup
- Only 80 calories + 9 grams of sugar per serving
3. Local Products
Win/win: support a local business and show your local love to a teacher! If you’re from Minnesota check out this MN Made gift guide for tons of great ideas.
Product Pick: MN Magnet Set
I love this trio of magnets, especially because it has a classic regional saying that my non-native Minnesotan husband just never understands. 😉
Bonus: use the code “PAISLEY” for free shipping!
4. UGG Slippers
Is your child’s school distance learning? Keep your kids’ teacher’s toes nice and toasty warm with these UGG Slippers.
- Flexible rubber sole
- Indoor/outdoor versatility
- Warm and comfy
- Variety of colors
Sticking with the distance learning gifts, a candle is a great way to bring a moment of zen to a teacher’s home.
- Bergamot, clary sage, vetiver
- 100% all-natural with no artificial or synthetic fragrance or color
- A blend of pure essential oils and all-natural elements
- Burn time: 60 Hours
- Fill weight: 11.5 oz.
6. Fun Pens
Make grading papers fun again! These colorful felt tip markers will help make an otherwise mundane task fun and maybe even almost exciting.
7. Notecards + Stamps
In this go-go-go world, there’s something so special about a handwritten card sent in the mail – you just need all the materials on hand. Make sending a note easy for your teacher friends with a set of notecards. Just don’t forget the stamps.
- Box set of six
- Dip dyed by hand
- Letterpress printed in cool gray ink
Give a gift that keeps on giving! This fun personalized teacher stamp is available in male, female, Spanish teacher, superhero teacher options and more! Customize the accessories, the hair and text.
- Size: approximately 1.875″ x 1.875″
- Wood mounted photopolymer stamp
- Designed and made in the US
9. To Do List
A simple pad of paper will help keep any teacher a bit more organized and a little less scattered throughout the day!
- 52 tear off sheets
- Different sections to keep you organized
- Measures 7″ x 10″
If you live in a cold weather locale, you know hand cream is a must during winter – especially this year with the extra vigilant hand washing. This L’Occitane Hand Cream Set, which includes Almond Delicious, Shea Butter and Lavender, is my absolute favorite.
If you have multiple kids with multiple teachers, split up this trio into several little gift packs.
- Trio of hand cream favorites
- Paraben-free; phthalate-free
- Perfect size for throwing in a purse or keeping in a desk drawer
11. An Everyday Tote
Think you haul a lot of stuff around? Try being a teacher. This Madewell carry-all tote keeps papers, projects, lunch and everything else a teacher needs for a day in one place, with an interior zip pocket to keep the essentials – keys, wallet and phone – organized.
- Made of a durable canvas with leather straps
- Available in several colors
- 12 1/4″ h x 11″ w x 5 1/2″ with a 8 1/4″ handle drop
Rather than adding to your teacher’s mug collection (but hey, who doesn’t love a cute mug?), give them a place to set it down! These personalized coasters are cute and perfect for a teacher’s desk.
- High-quality resin
- Include paper clips, crayons, pencils, erasers, and push pins
- Customizable name
- Choose colors for a small fee
This simple but sparkly necklace is a great way to say “Thank you!” Perfect with T-shirts or dresses and every style, your kid’s teacher will appreciate this new wardrobe staple.
- Choose from different color stones
- Choose gold or silver stainless steel
- 18-inch chain
- Card can be customized to say teacher’s name
If you have a Lego-loving kid, they’ll be excited to give their teacher a personalized Lego mini-figure.
- Customize figure with hair, hats, face, and clothes
- Personalize with teacher’s name
- Made from up-cycled Lego pieces
- Hand engraved
15. A cute plant and pot
Bring a little green to the classroom or your teacher’s home! Pick out a succulent and plant it in a cute modern planter or have your child paint a pot for a sweet, handmade gift.
- 3.2 inch pots
- Ceramic with bamboo tray
- Set of 3
- Geometric designs
16. Cozy socks
When your kid’s teacher puts their feet up at the end of the day, make sure they have some cozy socks to make them even more comfortable. The Barefoot Dreams socks are as soft as the beloved blanket.
- One size
- Two color options
- Machine wash
17. Pencil Bag
Get a simple but beautiful leather pouch for your teacher to carry pens, pencils and other supplies. This one is also customizable.
- 9 color options
- Stamp the leather tag with initials
- 100% leather
18. Ring Dish
Sometimes teachers need to take off jewelry for science experiments or hands-on activities. Give them a place to put it with a ring dish for their desk!
- Polymer clay
- 2.75 inches wide
- Hand marbled
- Pencil stamp or customize with initials
Teachers’ hands are front and center much of the day, so why not help them keep their nails looking their best with a mani system from Olive and June? Bonus: The fall nail polish colors are named after school subjects!
- Poppy polish bottle handle
- Cuticle care
- 6 fall colors
- Nail polish remover pot
If you think your kids are giving you wrinkles, imagine what all those kids are doing to their teachers! A rose quartz roller can help teachers relax and reduce puffiness, fine lines and dark circles.
- Made of natural rose quartz
- Gives relaxing facial massage
- Roll over face in outward direction
21. Pom Pom Blanket
Give your teacher a blanket something to snuggle up in, like this cozy pom pom sherpa throw.
- 4 colors
- 100% polyester
- Machine washable
- 50 x 60 inches
Teachers spend all year thinking about your kid; give them the chance to think about themselves and their own lives! This journal provides prompts to help teachers write their own life story, a gift they’ll treasure for years.
- 204 pages of writing prompts
- 6 x 8.5 inches
- Acid-free, high-quality paper
- Lined paper
23. Portable charger
If you’re looking for a practical gift to show your appreciation, a portable charger will make sure your teacher’s always charged up and ready to go. A teacher can keep this in their bag so they’re never low on battery or take it with them on a hard-earned vacation!
- 2 USB ports
- 26,800 mAh
- LED lights to show charger’s battery level
- Can charge phones 6 times on one charge
24. Soothing tea and tea infuser
After a day of lessons in front of the class, a teacher could use something soothe a sore, scratchy throat. Pick out some loose leaf tea (maybe chamomile!) and pair it with a cute tea infuser!
- Dishwasher safe
- Long handle
- 3 color options
If teachers at your kid’s school wear their IDs or keys around their necks, a cute new lanyard would be both practical and thoughtful. Choose a pretty floral, customize one with the teacher’s name, or find one that aligns with their interests.
- Choose a floral print
- Breakaway clasp
- 19 inches long
- Designer cotton fabric
26. Bookish T-Shirt
Get your favorite teacher a T-shirt with a reference to their favorite book. The teacher will be excited to wear it, and it’ll get the kids excited about reading!
- Cotton/poly fitted
- Pigeon art by Mo Willems
Teachers need to keep hand sanitizer handy to stay healthy. These keychain hand sanitizer holders are cute and make sure clean hands are never too far away.
- Set of 4
- Leather case
- Refillable bottle
- 4 colors
28. Supply Organizer
Give the gift of convenience! This cube keeps all a teacher’s desk supplies in arm’s reach.
- Holds sticky notes, sticky tabs and paper clips
- 3.4 inch cube
- Black or light gray
- Refills available
29. A note of thanks
More often than not a simple heartfelt “thank you” goes 1,000 times further than any gift could. (Though a gift is nice too, so why not both?)
30. Gift cards
- Amazon: Instead of playing the “will they like this gift or not?” game, get your teacher friend something you know they want. An Amazon gift card is always useful, or ask if they have a wishlist you can shop.
- Target: Need I say more?
- Spa or nail salon: Teachers are selfless, and deserve a day (or at least an hour!) to pamper themselves.
- Restaurant: Simultaneously support a local restaurant and give your teacher an excuse for a night out.
- Coffee shop: Always a delight to receive.
Let’s shower our teachers with extra love this holiday season, the deserve it!
Don’t forget, you can check out all my gift guides here!