There’s one universal truth about babies. People LOVE to buy them gifts! Aunties, grandmas, neighbors and of course parents love spoiling little ones. While gifts are always fun, let’s be honest: babies don’t need much. So if you’re going to invest in a gift for an itty bitty, how about supporting a baby brand that has gifts that give back?
I’ve been overjoyed when I’ve received a gift for one of our kids and realized there was a give back portion to it, whether it was giving to a charity, was ethically made or helped create jobs.
Like the idea of that too? Here are some of my favorite baby gifts that give back.
Baby Gifts That Give Back
There’s two ways to use this guide. One is to simply shop using the links below. Like an idea you see? Click the link to learn more and purchase.
Want a few more details? Keep scrolling. Either way I hope this gift guide helps make gift buying a breeze for you and that the little ones on your list love what they receive.
This post may include affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if you shop using the links below at no additional cost to you. Thanks so much for supporting me and this blog!
I was first introduced to cuddle+kind dolls when I was pregnant with Roy and now we have a whole collection of their stuffed friends! They’re soft, beautiful dolls that all my kids love.
The mission behind cuddle+kind is to provide one million meals to kids in need each year. Every doll purchased gives 10 meals to a child in need.
The owners have a background in health and know the crucial role nutrition plays in a child’s development. They saw a documentary about the devastating impact of hunger around the world and wanted to do something about it! So they started cuddle+kind to feed children all over the world.
All the better, these dolls are made in Peru providing sustainable, fair trade income for women there. They’re made from natural, high-quality cotton so they’re extra soft and cuddly!
Product Pick: Ella the Unicorn
- Empowers talented women artisans with equitable, fair trade employment
- For every doll purchased, 10 meals are provided to children in need.
- Lovingly handcrafted in Peru using premium 100% cotton yarn
- Winner of Oppenheim Toy Portfolio’s Platinum Award for Best Toy three years in a row
2. TOMS Shoes
Is there anything cuter than little baby and kid shoes? When Roy was little I went to a TOMS warehouse sale and picked out a few pairs for him – one of the best decisions ever!
Not only are they super cute, but he’s able to put them on himself and many of the styles are gender neutral, so now Penelope wears them.
For every shoe that is purchased, a pair of shoes is given to a child in need.
I’ve spent quite a bit of time in third world countries, and I’ve actually seen TOMS on little kid’s feet in Malawi and Uganda! I love seeing a company’s mission in action.
Product Pick: Alpargata Tiny Shoes
- With every pair of shoes you purchase, TOMS will give a new pair of shoes to a child in need
- Loafers with a printed canvas upper
- Hook-and-loop closure for easy on and off
The kids and I both love these magnetic wooden block sets from Tegu. There are tons of different varieties of block sets, including this pack with a traveling case that you can throw in your diaper bag for when your little one needs a distraction. (Restaurant meltdown, anyone?)
Tegu established a fully independent toy factory in Honduras to ensure employees make a living wage and prioritize long-term career growth and development. Tegu is bringing world-class employment standards to Central America.
They also work with local Honduran cooperatives to harvest their wood responsibly.
Product Pick: Tegu Travel Set
- Perfect for building on-the-go
- An heirloom-quality toy that will last for generations
- No lead, no plastic, non-toxic, water-based lacquer finish, no small parts
4. Badger Balm
We were recently gifted a tin of the Badger Sleep Balm and let me tell you, no parent will ever say no to anything that encourages sleep for their little one!
They have a variety of baby products from sunscreen, diaper cream and even belly oil for mom.
Badger Balm donates 10 percent of before-tax profits to organizations that focus on the health and welfare of children, and they also match a portion of their employees’ contributions.
Product Pick: Badger Sleep Balm
- Mix of lavender and bergamot
- Calming, soothing blend of essential oils
- Free of artificial ingredients, fragrances, dyes, parabens, GMOs, synthetic chemicals or harsh ingredients
- USDA Certified Organic and petrolatum-free
5. B. Toys
Target carries B. Toys, so most likely you’ve seen their cute products before.
They donate a portion of sales to WE (formerly Free The Children), whose mission is “to free children from poverty and exploitation, and free young people from the notion that they are powerless to effect positive change.”
Product Pick: Snail Ride-On
- Comfortable, ergonomic seat with storage
- Horns light up and beep
- Good for new walkers
- Requires 3 AAA batteries (included)
- Recommended for toddlers 1 year+
GooseWaddle creates adorable baby blankets, stuffed animals, teethers and more! I particularly love their gift sets because they includes essentials a new-to-the-world little one needs: a stuffed animal, blanket, teether and bib.
For each GooseWaddle blanket, blankie or gift set that is purchased, they’ll donated another bundle to a baby in need through Building Hope.
According to GooseWaddle, “Building Hope is a faith-based non-profit youth and family development organization founded in 2001 with a desire to serve the children and families of our community. Building Hope has served over 1,500 youth and their families by providing academic support, spiritual formation, character and leadership development, service opportunities, summer programs and parent engagement.“
Product Pick: Gift Set
- Super soft plush elephant
- Pink knit blanket
- Pink wooden and silicone teether
- Watermelon and flowers bib two pack
Little Market is a nonprofit fair trade shop started by Lauren Conrad and Hannah Skvarla that features ethically sourced, artisan-made products. Their mission is anchored in the belief that every person has the right to dignified, safe jobs and fair, living wages. (You’ll also find Little Market items on my fair trade gifts post and toddler gifts post!)
Product Pick : Polka Dot Mittens
- Keeps little hands cozy
- Hand-made from super-soft Peruvian alpaca
- Each purchase supports Artesania Sorata artisans in Bolivia
Olive & Annie was started by a single mom and survivor of sexual violence who wanted to provide employment to artisans while supporting vulnerable women and children.
Olive & Annie provides support to children and families affected by sexual violence in Nairobi, Kenya. All of the jewelry and leather goods are also handcrafted in Kenya providing ethical employment
Also, 100% of its profits directly support ZLT Hope Homes!
Product Pick: Tsavo Green
- Soft-soled baby moccasins handcrafted from ethically sourced materials using chrome-free dyed leather
- Easy to slip on, with a comfortable elastic fit around the ankle
- Every purchase empowers artisans in Nairobi, Kenya, with 100% of profits being donated to ZLT Hope Homes
Rose & Rex is a teacher curated collection of toys that encourage imaginative play. If anyone knows great, educational toys, it’s teachers.
They partner with other organizations that share their love for people and our planet, so each purchase has a positive impact.
Product Pick: Silicone Rainbow
- Introduces baby to the joy of building play
- Made from platinum silicone, which is BPA free, PVC Free, Latex Free, Phthalate Free and 100% safe
- Use as a teether, for stacking, as a puzzle, for imaginative play or as a bath toy
I hope these nine baby brands give you plenty of options for baby gifts that give back! Still stumped? Another helpful list may be my 9 Best Books for Kids.
Thanks so much for reading and sharing!