Looking for ideas of fair trade gifts? Here’s an extensive list of beautiful products with a purpose from a few amazing brands: Fair Anita, ABLE, The Little Market, Amour Vert, JOYN, and Fair Trade Winds.
When you’re shopping for gifts, don’t you love finding ones with extra meaning and purpose to them? Ones that are creating jobs for women in developing countries, helping women attend university or making a difference in another way? First of all, what is fair trade and why should you care about?
What is a fair trade policy?
Fair trade is an arrangement designed to help producers of commodities (think apparel and accessories, coffee, wine, fruit and more) in developing countries achieve a livable wage, for a more sustainable future and an equitable trade relationship.
What are the 10 principles of fair trade?
To be considered fair trade, there are 10 guiding concepts that organizations and businesses must adhere to:
1. Opportunities for disadvantaged producers
2. Transparency and accountability
3. Fair trade practices
4. Fair payment
5. No child labor, no forced labor
6. No discrimination, gender equity, freedom of association
7. Good working conditions
8. Capacity building
9. Promote fair trade
10. Respect for the environment
You can read more about these principles from the World Fair Trade Organization here.
Here’s a bit of background on the fair trade brands I love:
Fair Anita is a brand based right here in Minnesota! I know the founder and love her dearly. I love seeing fiercely talented women chase their dreams and make a tangible difference in the world.
Fair Anita was started in 2015. Since then, “We’ve partnered with 8,000 women in nine countries who are utilizing this resource of economic self-sufficiency to create real change around the globe. We’re on a mission to create a world where women feel safe, valued and respected no matter their geography, and we’re thrilled to include you in this community.”
ABLE (formerly LiveFashionable)
Another brand I’ve loved and used for close to 10 years is ABLE! I found them when all they sold were scarves (now they don’t even make scarves – ha!).
“ABLE is an ethical fashion brand that employs and empowers women as a solution to end poverty. We’re deeply devoted to quality – both in the products we make and the quality of life we aim to provide. We invest in, train and educate women so they can earn a living, break the cycle of poverty, and thrive.”
I absolutely love the quality of every ABLE product I own from clothes to shoes to jewelry.
The Little Market
The Little Market is a nonprofit fair trade shop started by Lauren Conrad and Hannah Skvarla that features ethically sourced, artisan-made products. Their mission is anchored in the belief that every person has the right to dignified, safe jobs and fair, living wages.
“Behind each of our products is a person who created it — and a story. We seek to empower artisans around the world by extending their products’ distribution and supporting sustainable income opportunities. We are committed to upholding the dignity of artisans, celebrating their cultural techniques and traditions, and bringing attention to social justice and human rights issues faced by their communities.”
Amour Vert‘s pieces are made in limited quantities, ensuring the highest production standards and eliminating excess waste. They’re committed to using sustainable materials, compostable packaging, and produce 97% of their products are made in California, most within just a few miles of their San Francisco office.
“Our sustainable practices address all aspects of our business operations and the full lifecycle of the garment: the fibers and production processes used, how workers are treated, how it gets to the consumer, and finally—whether it can be recycled or is forced into a landfill.”
JOYN‘s founder has a passion for connecting underserved artisans with global markets, so she started a company committed to hand making products, crafted by local makers in the foothills of the Himalayas.
“We choose people over machinery to breathe life into each piece. We are passionate about creating a circular ecosystem where all considerations of the supply chain are taken into account. That means, we actively work to purchase remnant leathers and sustainable materials while also empowering people in local communities with fair work and a living wage. Transparency is at the forefront of how we do business.”
Fair Trade Winds
Fair Trade Winds is a family business that considers its artisan partners and customers all part of one big family making a difference. They work with about 150 artisan organizations in 57 countries, with the underlying belief that people and the planet should not be exploited for the things we buy.
“This direct, non-discriminatory relationship helps artisans, families, and communities become self-sustaining. We provide a market for fair trade commodities and crafts so artisans and farmers can improve their lives. They are given the tools to invest time and money into their talents, land, families, community, healthcare, and education.”
You won’t be disappointed by any of these brands missions, values or products. Below I’m sharing some of my absolute favorite fair trade gifts from their current collections. Make holiday shopping a little easier and shop with a purpose!
This post may include affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if you shop using the links below at no additional cost to you. Thanks so much for supporting me and this blog!
37 Fair Trade Gifts for Her
|Product Image||Product Name||Primary Button|
1. Sustainable Bamboo Utensil Set (Fair Anita)
Made from sustainable bamboo. Reusable fork, knife and spoon in a handwoven, organic cotton bag.
Perfect for bringing to work or stashing in your purse for times you’re eating on the go, this is a great fair trade gift for the girl on the go!
- Made from sustainable bamboo that's treated with a thin layer of cashew oil.
- Reusable fork, knife, and spoon in a handwoven, organic cotton bag.
- Made in Vietnam
2. Nubuck Belt Bag (JOYN)
I love the look of this soft leather belt bag. You can wear it around your waist or as a crossbody bag and carry all your essentials hands-free.
- Remnant Buffalo Nubuck Leather
- 20" L x 13" H x 4" W, adjustable belt strap 85"
- Raw interior
3. Monogrammed Personalized Candle (The Little Market)
Candles are an easy go-to gift idea: everyone loves them, everyone needs more, but they can feel a little generic. This one from The Little Market doesn’t though, since you can personalize them with initials, names, wedding dates and more.
Every purchase empowers women artisans at Prosperity Candle who have resettled as refugees in the United States.
- Burn time: Up to 70 hours
- Coconut-soy wax blend with a pure cotton wick
- Premium fragrances based on essential oils
- Vegan, phthalate-free, Prop 65 compliant, and not tested on animals
- Hand-poured in small batches
- Recyclable glass vessel made in the U.S.
4. Renata Silk Blouse (Amour Vert)
Isn’t it the best when you can throw on an easy, effortless shirt but still look put-together?
That’s what this silk blouse, available in five designs, from Amour Vert is. Perfect for work, pre-school drop-off and everything in between.
- 100% Silk Crepe de Chine
- Dry clean only
- Made in the USA
5. Sustainable Bamboo Straw Set (Fair Anita)
Know someone who is always using straws every chance she can get? Whether it’s in her coffee drink or all day in her water, these beautiful bamboo straws will be a delight to use over and over!
- Made from sustainable bamboo
- Five reusable bamboo straws
- Natural coconut cleaner in a handwoven, organic cotton bag.
6. Hammered Stacking Ring (ABLE)
Mix and match these classy hammered stacking rings with other rings or layer for a bolder statement. I own a few of these and love wearing them both as midi rings as well as stacking with my wedding band.
- Comes in sizes 3-9
- Choose from either sterling silver or 14k gold-fill
- Made in Nashville, TN
- Slight variations
7. Metallic Floret Kijani Round Basket (Fair Trade Winds)
This bright basket is great for the coffee table, a shelf or even hanging on a wall. Add a little color, texture and dimension to your decor.
8. Rose Quartz Ear Jackets (Fair Anita)
Spice up your ears with these versatile Rose Quartz Ear Jackets! With three different options of how you wear them, these will be a go-to accessory for any woman on your list.
- Can be worn three different ways: as studs, with the dangle in front, or with the stud in the front and dangle in the back
- Made fair trade by women in India
- Made from from rose quartz and brass-plated metal
- Measures 3.5"
9. Parakeet Painted Earrings (Fair Anita)
For the earring lover on your list, these Parakeet Painted Earrings will be sure to delight! Using upcycled metals these turquoise two-tone dangle earrings will add the perfect pop of color your look.
- Made fair trade by women in India
- Measures 2.5"
- Made from painted brass and handmade brass-plated beads
10. Wooden Warrior Tassel Necklace (Fair Anita)
This wooden warrior necklace is made from chunky wooden beads with a beautiful threaded tassel. This is a great statement necklace for that boho look.
- Made fair trade by women in India
- Made from wood, thread and brass
- Measures 32" with 3.75" tassel
11. Mini Weekender (JOYN)
This color combination is so darling! You can use this bag when you travel or even as a stylish diaper bag. The design is so thoughtful, with the perfect amount of pockets to keep you organized.
- Block printed canvas with leather trim and antique gold hardware
- 32" L x 27" H x 22" D, handle 22"
- 2 external pockets
- Internal zipper pocket, phone pocket, miscellaneous pocket
12. Colorblock Sisal Basket (The Little Market)
Baskets, baskets and more baskets! Every home needs baskets to keep your toys and blankets organized. With a price like this, you can mix ‘n’ match a few different sizes, styles and patterns to give your gift recipient a cohesive look from room to room.
- Comes in a variety of sizes
- Variety of uses
- Each purchase empowers artisans at Kasigau in Kenya
13. Artillery Shield Earrings – Brass + Silver (Fair Anita)
By mixing recycled leather and recycled artillery these leaf shaped brass earrings are a product of resourcefulness and creativity. They’ll inspire you to tackle your day!
- Made by women in Ethiopia
- Beads made from 100% recycled brass and recycled sustainably-sourced leather
- Nickel free
- Measures 2" in length and 1" wide
14. Tuyen Patterned Scarf (Fair Anita)
For the scarf girl in your group, this gorgeous patterned pink scarf is perfect!
Three gorgeous patterns encompass this light pink scarf. Scarves are an easy way to add some style to your outfit with an added bonus of keeping you warm in colder months.
- Made fair trade by women Vietnam
- 100% cotton
15. Lux Sleeveless Dress (Amour Vert)
This sleeveless midi dress is ultra flattering and ultra comfortable — an easy style to gift.
Pair it with a denim jacket for weekend errands or a pair of heels for date night. Plus you can feel good knowing it was made in the U.S. Win/win/win.
- 96% modal, 4% spandex
- Machine wash cold
- Dry flat
- Made in the USA
16. Stick Earrings (ABLE)
Need an everyday stud? The Stick Earring is a perfectly modern option that you’ll never want to take out.
I own these and wear them 80% of the time! Available in 14k gold-fill and measure 1/2″.
- Available in 14k gold-fill
- 1/2" stick
- Sterling silver and 14k gold posts are naturally soft due to the natural of the natural metal content (just bend 'em back into shape if they get out of whack)
17. Evolving Layers Ring (Fair Trade Winds)
This simple ring makes a big statement. Whether she likes to wear lots of jewelry or prefers a more streamlined look, these three graduating lines will suit her style. And with an open back, it will fit most fingers.
- Handmade by women artisans in India
18. Dark Poppy Tote (Fair Anita)
This beautiful tote was sewn and silk-printed by women in Cambodia. It is a canvas bag with a vegan leather handle and a small pocket inside. This bag is slightly larger than your average canvas tote – perfect for your laptop or trip to the farmers’ market!
- Super dark navy
- Cotton canvas tote with white eco-friendly ink and light-brown vegan leather handles.
- Made from 100% upcycled fabric
19. Wandering Arrow Sterling Necklace (Fair Anita)
For the wanderlust woman, this dainty silver arrow necklace will be your next travel companion.
- Made from recycled .925 sterling silver
- Hand-crafted by talented artisans in Jaipur, India
- Measures 17" with a 1.5" extender chain
20. Fair Feminist Necklace – Sterling Silver (Fair Anita)
The future is female, and we’re here for it! I love this dainty necklace and what this company stands for.
- 100% sterling silver
- Made by women in Jaipur, India.
- 16" chain with 2" extender
21. ID Pouch (JOYN)
This sweet little pouch is the perfect gift for someone who travels light or for a college student who just needs an ID, keys and a credit card! It’s great to carry on its own or throw in your bag and go.
- Hand woven, hand block-printed cotton exterior
- Fully lined interior
- ID pocket, top zipper, metal keyring
- 5.2" L x 3.5" H
22. Emerson Scarf (ABLE)
A scarf is a great gift for any accessory lover in your life! The Emerson Scarf is 100% printed woven silk and one of my favorite accessories to add a little whimsy to any look.
You can wear it so many ways — on your bag, as a headband or around a ponytail, or around your neck.
- 100% printed woven silk
- One size - 20 x 20 inches
- Made in India
23. Leather Loop Necklace (Fair Anita)
This beautiful necklace that’s a mix of leather and metal is handmade in Ethiopia. It’s a gorgeous, long statement necklace that will be a conversation starter wherever you go!
- Made from genuine leather scraps and recycled bullet casings by women in Ethiopia
- 100% recycled metals in pure brass and plated-silver
- Measures 32" at its longest
24. Blaze Cottonseed Cupro Skirt (Amour Vert)
This gorgeous skirt is made from repurposed cotton “waste” fabric and acts a bit like silk, but it’s machine washable! The skirt lies flat in the front and has an elastic waist in the back.
- Machine washable
- Cottonseed Cupro Skirt
- Length: 32.5"
25. Reusable Gift Tote – Be Kind (The Little Market)
You can never have enough reusable totes and you can never, ever have enough reminders to be kind. Choose from three different sizes and countless different designs.
Made in Bangladesh by artisan women using sustainable jute fabric. Each purchase empowers artisan women at CORR – The Jute Works in Bangladesh.
- Comes in two sizes
- Laminated interior is water-resistant
26. Debre Wallet (ABLE)
With a slim profile and simple design, the Debre Wallet is a minimalist’s dream. The interior features six card slots and three slit pockets that can be used to store cash, receipts or a passport. It can even store a small journal and with the interior pen slot, so you’ll never again forget that clever idea or to-do list.
- Handcrafted in Ethiopia
- 100% Ethiopian Leather
- Features six card slots, three currency slip pockets, one pen slot and a magnetic closure
- Measures 8" L x 4" W
- Can store an iPhone 6 plus
27. Abera Convertible Backpack (ABLE)
Use the Abera Convertible to hold all your on-the-go items: phone, wallet, lipstick, sunglasses, keys. This cotton lined backpack/handbag with a zipper closure has got you covered.
The Abera is handcrafted in Ethiopia using 100% leather.
- Handcrafted in Ethiopia
- 100% leather
- Features cotton lined interior and zipper closure
- Interior zipper pocket
- Removable backpack straps
- Dimensions: 11.5" x 11" x 4"
28. Kimono Robe (Fair Trade Winds)
This pretty orchid kimono-style robe gives off a vintage vibe and is perfect for getting ready or a lazy Saturday morning.
- Made in fair trade workshop in Bali
- Inset pockets
- Machine washable; dry gentle and low heat
29. Savannah Heel (ABLE)
These simple sandals are so easy to wear that you might find yourself wearing them every. single. day.
Available in suede or Napa leather.
- Napa lining
- 2" heel height
- Manmade outsole
- Open toe mule with low block heel
30. Merly Jacket (ABLE)
I own this jacket and love it. I have a whole post with different ways to wear it!
This jacket has a slightly dropped shoulder, slim arms, relaxed body and waist pockets that make it ultra wearable. It’s the perfect combo of vintage tomboy and feminine, with a faded ripped wash that you can wear in any season. This is an essential in your wardrobe to layer in with any look.
- Easy fitting denim jacket with a slim arm, dropped shoulder, and a relaxed fit throughout the body
- 75% cotton, 25% lyocell
- Non-stretch denim with a soft, supple handfeel
- Handcrafted in Mexico
31. Emmy Sneaker (ABLE)
Can you go wrong with white and leopard? I say no. Say hello to ABLE’s first sneaker. It’s versatile, comfortable and is sure to be a sneaker game changer.
- Made in Portugal
- Napa and haircalf leather
- Cotton laces
- Textile and leather lining
- Removable sock inserts
- Rubber outsole
32. Mamuye Classic Tote (ABLE)
I own this bag in two colors and love its versatility! It also holds up so well, and let’s be honest, I’m a little rough with my bags! 😉 This tote is handcrafted in both Ethiopia and Mexico using 100% distressed leather.
There is one small interior pocket. It’s also available in whiskey and they’re always coming out with new colors!
- Handcrafted in both Ethiopia and Mexico
- 100% distressed leather
- Tote measures 14" H x 16" W x 6" D
- Comfortable, durable straps (straps have a 10.5" drop)
- Interior pocket
- Subtle variations add to the uniqueness of each product
33. Lex Croc Embossed Boots (ABLE)
The boots to wear with everything. The Lex Croc Embossed Boots have a just-high-enough heel, a subtle Western flair and an easy-to-style shape.
- Leather: Croc
- Microsuede Shaft Lining
- Heel height: 2 in
34. Kay Jewelry Dish (ABLE)
This neutral jewelry dish is perfect for any room in the house! Trendy terrazzo makes it a great gift for 2022 and high-quality enough that it will last for years to come.
- 5" circumference
- 1/2" deep in center, 1" height with rim
35. Alem Backpack (ABLE)
Minimal design meets maximum storage. The Alem Leather Backpack adds function and style to your daily life. Complete with padded shoulder support for all day comfort, easy to reach pockets and space to fit a 15″ laptop. You’ll reach for this spacious and savvy leather backpack for the work week, weekend trips and everything in between.
This basket is handcrafted in Mexico. It features two interior compartments, one interior slit pocket and two side pockets. There’s a lined interior and three zipper closures with adjustable backpack straps.
- Handcrafted in Mexico
- Features two interior compartments, one interior slit pocket, and two side pockets
- Lined interior and three zipper closures
- Comfortable, adjustable backpack straps
- Dimensions: 16" h x 12" w x 5.5" d
36. Maha Leather Jacket (ABLE)
The only leather jacket you need. It’s timeless, classic and cool all at the same time. Made of the softest lamb leather and designed to mold to your body with wear, the Maha Leather Jacket will be a staple from day one.
- 100% lamb leather, 100% polyester lining
- Initially fits slim and snug throughout and will break in as it wears
- Made in India
37. Petite Glass Pitcher (The Little Market)
Drinks taste better when poured from this beautiful glass pitcher! This is the perfect gift for your friend who loves hosting a brunch or book club.
It comes in clear, white or blush.
- Handmade in Morocco
- 4" diameter, 8" tall
- 18 oz. capacity
- Variations will occur as with all handmade products
- Hand-wash only
There it is – your full fair trade gifts round up! I hope this helps you get a jump start on your holiday shopping or aids in starting your own wish list! 😉
Buying fair trade is one easy way to make a difference in the world. Thanks for being part of doing amazing things in people’s lives.
Find even more gift guides here!
The Ultimate Gift Guide List
Want even more gift ideas for everyone on your list? Head to one of these!
Gift Guides for Grown Ups
- Gift Guide for Women
- Gift Guide for Men
- Teacher Gifts
- Gifts for Your Sister-in-Law
- Beauty and Self Care Gifts
Gift Guides for Babies & Kids
- Gift Guide for Girls
- Gift Guide for Boys
- Tween Girl Gift Ideas
- Tween Boy Gift Ideas
- Gifts for Toddlers
- Gifts for 3 Year Old Boys
- Gifts for 3 Year Old Girls
- Ride on Toys for a 1 Year Old
- Best Climbing Toys for Young Kids
- The Best Puzzles for Toddlers + Kids
- Best 1st Baby Doll
- Baby Walker Toys for New Walkers
Special Interest Gift Guides
Want FREE Christmas gift tags? I created 64 beautiful gift tags that can be used not only for Christmas but every holiday! They’re free to download!
Get your gift cards in your inbox!