Remember how eager you were for your baby to start rolling over and scooting around? And now they never stop moving! If your baby or toddler is always on the move and finding new things to climb (and fall off of), then you probably need some new ways to occupy them safely.
Otherwise, they’ll be climbing up the furniture, scaling the mountain of laundry, and even hanging all over you. Even if they’re safe, your little kids really need their own environment for play and motor movement.
Having the right toys, including climbing toys, can be a huge benefit for your kids and for your home. Not only will they keep your kids busy and out of your hair, but they are safer than the alternatives!
15 Best Climbing Toys for Young Kids
Paisley + Sparrow is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission if you shop using the links below at no additional cost to you.
It can be hard to find the right toys for your 1-year-old and toddlers, so here’s a list of the best climbing toys I’ve found available now for purchase.
In a hurry? Here’s the quick list. keep scrolling for more detail about each product!
|Product Image||Product Name||Primary Button|
1. Climbing Triangle
This is a transformable version of climbing triangle. We have used a unique "star type" joint to be able to adjust the position of the segments by every 30 degrees. The arch can be used as a rocker or attached to the triangle to create various shapes of climbing structures. The side parts are made of premium quality Baltic birch plywood laminated with transparent plastic. We offer also the climbing / sliding ramp as an option.
Since this climbing frame, or Pikler triangle, stands just under 4 feet tall, it’s a great climbing toy that helps your kids play at a safe height. It gives them all the adventure with very little danger. The rungs of the ladder can be various bright colors, and the entire structure is made from aspen wood.
Available on Etsy, this is truly one of the best options, and it can be great for those who are obsessed with climbing but need to be in a more appropriate environment where they can play safely. The ladder rungs on either side work the kid’s ability to climb up, down and over safely. There are additional climbing accessories that you can add on to your purchase.
2. Soft Zone Climb and Crawl Activity Playset
- FUN FOAM ACTIVITY PLAY SET: Open-ended play set is designed to let infants and toddlers climb, crawl, and slide on a collection of five foam shapes
- MOTOR DEVELOPMENT: Allow little ones to develop important fine and gross motor skills such as lifting, stacking, and carrying as they move and play at home, at daycare, or in the classroom
- QUALITY MATERIALS: Constructed with CertiPUR-US Certified foams that are safe for your little ones, covered in a soft vegan leather and features a non-slip base for added stability
If your child loves to build and climb on top of objects, this ECR4Kids Softzone climb toy is the perfect addition to your play routine. These five piece set are made of lightweight, soft foam, and they’re great for growing gross motor skills and creativity.
Your toddler will be running around building structures, climbing on top of them, playing with others, and of course knocking them over!
3. SoftScape Play Structure
- EXPLORE AND MORE — infants and toddlers can safely learn to climb, crawl and slide on this beginner playtime corner climber; rearrange and build different configurations to stimulate imaginative playtime; designed for use in a corner; for the crawler, walker and explorer
- IDEAL FOR IN-HOME AND INSTITUTIONAL LEARNING — high-quality, versatile climber incorporates safe indoor active play into any learning environment, from home to classroom, and anywhere in between
For the younger toddlers and kids, this is a good option for a small space. It’s also lower to the ground and great for climbing up the ramp or stairs.
Your 1-year-old will enjoy this and be able to crawl or walk over it at their own pace. It’s constructed from soft foam, making it easy on small children if they fall or when they have to climb over to get to their destination.
4. Caterpillar Tunnel
- DURABLE KIDS’ PLAY EQUIPMENT: This Climb-N-Crawl Tunnel is a brightly colored plastic climbing structure for active and imaginative play in preschools, daycares, child care centers or at home
- INDOORS OR OUTDOOR USE: Our caterpillar play tunnel is made of weather- and fade-resistant materials and can be used in the backyard, lawn, or play area, indoors in a playroom or living room
- HELPS DEVELOP MOTOR SKILLS: This tunnel is a great climbing structure for kids ages 3-8 years. It helps them develop motor skills as they climb, crawl and interact with the colorful play structure
If your kids love crawling, this is a great tunnel to add more fun to their daily activities! This is not made of the foam material but is sturdier and better equipped for expanding to accommodate one or many kids.
It’s just over 7 feet long, but the colorful design and the ease of play make it a favorite for your kids. They can climb through or over, and with no sharp edges, you don’t have to worry about falls.
5. Monkey Bars Climbing Tower
- Endless Play: Let children enjoy endless fun and active playtime with the Eezy Peezy Monkey Bars Climbing Tower which will quickly become a favorite backyard activity.
- Durable: Interlocking plastic tubes and connectors with double self-locking springs make this set hard-wearing and tough, yet surprisingly lightweight and easy to assemble.
- High Quality: The Eezy Peezy Monkey Bars Climbing Tower is made of high quality plastic material that features UV protection for long lasting outdoor play in the sun.
Like the structures you see on the playground, this indoor or outdoor jungle gym is perfect to help your kids build confidence, but with more safety. The Eezy Peezy Monkey Bars Climbing Tower is best for older toddlers but is super easy to construct and very strong.
It also won’t corrode or rust and can hold a maximum weight of 150 pounds on it at one time. For those looking for a small but safe structure for their kids, this is one of the best!
6. Wooden Triangle Climbing Ladder
- 3 Climbing Difficulties】Combining with 3 different climbing parts which are 3 bars, 5 bars and 6 bars as one, this climbing triangle ladder is suitable for kid from different ages that should be over 3 years old while growing with your little one and enhancing climbing ability and strength.
- 【Safe Material】Made of solid pine wood with odorless painting and BPA-free, this premium triangle climber stands the test of time and harmless for your kid’s health. And the ASTM certification ensures your little one’s safety. Besides, the smooth surface is safe for climbing.
- 【Strong Stability】Designed with triangular design, this playful climber comes with strong loading capacity up to 135 lbs, growing with your little one. And the round edge prevents your kid from accidental injury. The woods are connected tightly with recessed screws for extra stability.
This one is similar to the other climbing triangle listed, but it’s shorter, less expensive, and offers more climbing availability for kids. There are three different designs for you to choose from for your kids.
It’s plain, simple, and not too tall. Even if your kid fumbles while climbing, it’s a short trip to the ground. It’s safe, sturdy, and great to practice that hand-eye coordination!
7. Young Explorers Adventure Climber
- Winner of the 2019 Parents' Choice Award.
- INDOOR OR OUTDOOR PLAYSET: This kid's playset with climber is great for adventurous toddlers and children, and even fits through a standard door frame to go inside or out.
- BONUS FEATURES / EXTRA WIDE SLIDE AND MORE: More slide surface area means a more secure ride for toddlers and young children, while easy grip side rails make it easy to climb up the ladder and onto the two-tiered platform. Crawl through the round doors to a secret fort with a steering wheel for pretend driving fun.
If your kids love slides and climbing, combine them with this fun climber and slide structure. It is made of strong materials, colorful, and great for multiple kids to use together while playing.
All of the edges are rounded and safe for kids. It also won the 2019 Parents’ Choice Award for kids toys.
8. Climbing Cargo Net for Kids
For the advanced and adventurous kid, this is a great choice. This net, similar to a rope ladder, can be hung safely with the triangle hooks. This cargo net also has a large load capacity, with a weight limit of 550 pounds.
As long as you find a stable place to hang this up, your toddler can use this net as they grow up and develop their muscle strength. This product is best for older children or more skilled toddlers and younger children who have developed their motor skills to a certain level.
9. Little Tikes Fold Away Climber
- Features climbing wall and slide
- Features basketball hoop and soccer and hockey net
- Great for indoor or outdoor use for year round fun
- Easy up, easy down design folds for compact storage
- Includes a basketball
This is the all-in-one climber and playground toy for your toddler. This playground set includes a mini basketball hoop, a soccer or hockey net on the ground, a set of stairs, and a slide.
It also stores rather well and includes a basketball for your kids to enjoy playing alone, with Mom or Dad, or with their siblings or friends throughout the day. This climber is suited for indoor or outdoor use.
10. Montessori Climbing Triangle Set of 3
For those who love the climber idea but want more variety, this is a fun idea and it comes with three different variations. The ramp comes with handles of different shapes on one side to climb and is reversible to become a slide.
The triangle has ladders to climb up and down, and the arch ladder is great for easy climbing. The best part is that you can buy the pieces separately and they are all a small size to ensure safety for your young kids.
11. Toddler Climbing Gym 4in1
Much like the previous item, this climbing gym is made out of strong wood but can include four different parts rather than just three. This one has a low angled ladder to climb that meets a higher ladder, which then connects to a solid bridge and an arched climbing structure.
This is great for kids who want to work on their motor skills and can’t sit still! Set up an obstacle course with this toy, and watch the kids climb all over. This will likely fill up their playroom, but keeps them safe and entertained for hours of play.
12. Merax Foldable Triangle Climber
- Merax innovative kids toddler climber is a versatile and compact retreat for your little ones that helps develop his/her creative, artistic, physical and social skills with its 4 game options: playhouse tent, climber, table, and easel whiteboard.
- Kids Climber Play Set - Beginners rock wall with colorful climbing rock grips allow your kids to climb, and summit to the top to “honk” his success! The safe activity climber promotes physical activity and motor skills development. Sturdy A-frame structure keeps the triangle climber in place.
- Spacious Hideaway Tent & Tunnel - The play house tent has plenty of room inside to hide, play games, read a book, and just relax! The inviting canvas front & back door reveals a secret hideout to plan exciting adventure. Durable fabric can be cleaned as needed. Toddlers and preschool age children can also crawl through the tunnel.
This climbing toy is a great option for both older and younger kids! It has everything from a tent to an easel to a climbing triangle so multiple kids of all ages can enjoy it.
This 4 in 1 set even has a table and tunnel for kids to play with! This is a climbing toy that will grow with your child and one they’ll love for years to come.
13. Arch Ladder and Swing Toddler Climber
Climbing arch is a great tool for improving and developing physical strength, motor skills, coordination and balance control of toddlers and young children.
This incredible arch combines 2 objects: a ladder and a swing, if you turn it over.
Fully compatible with our ramps.
For those who want a simple design for their climber, this is one of the best! It can be an arch to climb or flipped over to act as a rocker. There’s also a ramp that fits snug on the arch for kids to climb.
It is great for those just beginning to build their motor skills and helpful for keeping playtime fun, safe, and compact. Compared with other toys, this one is generally smaller than others available.
14. Square Gym for Toddlers
Jungle gyms aren’t just for the outdoors! This indoor jungle gym is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers. It has a climbing wall made of rope and built strong into the foundation of the structure.
There’s also a climbing ladder, ramp, and hiding place underneath the gym. It is great for multiple kids of different ages needing physical activity, as well as for the youngest of the family.
15. Climbing Ramp + Arch + Foldable Triangle Indoor Playground
This incredible playful group can become the favorite place for your child. We used eco-friendly wooden materials, bright colors and a great variety of items in one set to create a perfect place for entertainment for small angels. It is made due to Montessori systems so that your child develops new skills and gains new knowledge while playing.
This playground toy is the best of all worlds for your toddler. It has a ramp, arch, and ramp. Additionally, it also comes with a little swing perfect for your 1-year-old. It’s great for kids and parents to play together, and it’s safe and sturdy. Not to mention that it ships free and comes at an affordable price considering all it comes with!
With so many toys out there, it can be hard to narrow down what will work best for your family. You have to make sure that it’s age appropriate and will fit in your space — and be fun, of course!
But when you find that magic climbing toy that will fill your kid’s need to climb and your need for safety, you’ll have happy kids and a happy mom.
I hope I gave you some great choices for new toys for your kids! What do you use during playtime to get your kids’ energy out?
If you want more fun toys for kids, check out one of these!