You can’t scroll social media or head to any popular beauty site without seeing a jade roller being shows. Facial rolling has become a common addition to so many people’s skincare routine but what does it actually do? And how do you best use a jade facial roller?
This revolutionary tool that has taken the beauty and makeup world by storm. The jade facial roller is said to be beneficial for your skin.
Today we’re going to learn about why you should use a jade facial roller, how to use one, and what the best options are. Is it a worthy investment for your skin?
What Is A Jade Roller?
Paisley + Sparrow is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission if you shop using the links below at no additional cost to you.
Jade roller is a facial massage tool made of a semi-precious gemstone. The roller is used to massage your facial muscles and neck. Real jade remains cool even when exposed to warm temperatures. This is why it’s the preferred natural stone for facial rollers.
The jade roller consists of two different-sized roller heads on both ends, a larger end and a smaller end. One end has a larger side that is rolled over the jaw, cheeks, and forehead. The other end has a smaller stone that is rolled around the mouth and under the eye area.
The use of jade rollers for skincare originated in China. It dates back to the 7th Century in ancient China, where the routine of rolling a jade on the skin was common only among the rich.
Why Use A Jade Roller
There are several benefits associated with using a jade roller. Some of them are as follows:
● It boosts the production of collagen on the face and neck, which then promotes skin strength and elasticity.
● Brightens skin by boosting circulation of blood flow under the skin. This increased blood circulation reduces skin pigmentation, wrinkles, and other fine lines.
● It mitigates the risk of skin inflammation and relaxes muscles.
● It helps with lymphatic drainage to flush out excess fluid or toxins in the lymph nodes, which in turn reduces face puffiness and swelling. It can also alleviate headaches, sinus pressure, and facial tension.
● It assists in better absorption of cream or liquid products.
How To Use A Jade Roller: A Step-By-Step Guide
Jade rollers gently massage your skin and give relaxation while providing lots of benefits. If you want to maximize the benefits from your jade roller, use it efficiently. Here’s a step-by-step instruction on how to use a jade roller:
- Before using your jade facial roller, keep it in the fridge to cool the stone’s temperature.
- Wash your face with a cleanser. Unless using face masks, you always want to use this on clean skin.
- Lather your face with a good amount of moisturizer or facial oil. The roller will help your skin absorb the moisturizer or oil.
- Although optional, you can also apply a sheet mask or face mask on your face before using a jade roller. The roller will help your skin absorb the mask ingredients.
Jade Roller Application
- Before starting the jade rolling process, remember to always begin at the center of the face then move your roller in an outward and upward motion.
- With light pressure, use the larger roller to roll over your neck. This releases muscle tension and prepares your lymphatic system before using the roller on your face.
- Use the same stone to roll over your jaw, cheeks, and forehead. This stimulates the lymphatic nodes to release fluids and toxins.
- Without pressing too hard, use the smaller roller to roll under your eyes.
- Repeat each stroke around 10 to 15 times following the direction of your face’s natural contour.
5 Facial Rollers To Try
Can’t decide on which jade face roller to use? You don’t need fancy jade rollers to get all of the benefits! Here are some recommended rollers that are friendly for first-time users.
1. Jade Roller
With its smooth surface, this jade roller offers noiseless strokes. It is made of sturdy materials to keep you free of the worry that some metal parts may fall off.
Its handle is curved and ergonomic for a comfortable and reliable grip.
With 6 pretty colors to choose from, this facial roller is popular among makeup fanatics. Before applying makeup, you can use this roller to create healthy skin and a smooth canvas for the makeup to be applied smoothly.
You get a Gua Sha with the roller, which is also an effective skincare tool like facial rollers.
As the product name implies, this roller is not made of rose quartz instead of jade. Rose quartz has a subtle pink color. It is sturdier than jade, thus it is less prone to wear and tear in the long run.
This roller is suitable for rolling without exerting too much pressure.
Unlike the usual stone rollers, this one is made of stainless alloy. It is an environment-friendly product made of top-grade steel and is also beneficial for your skin. While it is recommended to use most jade rollers twice a day, it is suggested to use this steel roller at least once a day.
The tool is portable, easy to clean, and also makes for a unique gift.
5. Ice Roller
This ice roller is a one-of-a-kind skincare tool that calms and soothes your skin like no other roller. If you want to reduce dark circles, under-eye bags, and face puffiness, start your morning routine by running this ice roller on your face every day.
You can store this tool in your freezer or beauty fridge overnight.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Often Should I Use A Jade Roller?
For best results, use your jade roller as part of your daily routine, two times a day. Ideally use it once in the morning and once in the evening or at night, incorporated within your skincare rituals.
What Serum Should I Use With A Jade Roller?
Whichever serum or moisturizer you regularly use on your skin can be used with your jade roller, too. The roller will help the moist product ingredients penetrate better into your skin. This will depend a bit on your skin type.
Do I Wash My Face After Using A Jade Roller?
You are not required to wash your face after using a jade roller, but it’s best practice to wash and cleanse your face before using a jade roller. In addition, make sure to wash and clean your jade roller with warm water and gentle soap after every use to remove any excess skincare products.
Now that you know all there is to know about jade roller, let’s learn about a similar beauty tool a gua sha!