Looking for ways to make people smile? Here are 20 random acts of kindness ideas for friends, strangers and everyone in between!
Heart health is something that affects more of us than you realize. My family, for instance, has 3 generations of people with high blood pressure.
My grandma, my dad and my sister (who was diagnosed at just 21!). None of them are overweight, lead sedentary lives or eat terrible diets – yet they still deal with heart disease.
This post is sponsored by Gordmans #GetPumpedForHeartHealth. All opinions are my own.
Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death for women in the U.S. which is why I’m excited to be partnering with Gordmans to talk about heart health!
Gordmans has teamed up with the American Heart Association (AHA) to support its mission to fund innovative research, advocacy and patient support, until no more loved ones are lost to heart disease and stroke.
Specifically I want to share about acts of kindness and how I #GetPumpedForHeartHealth through Acts of Kindness and opening my heart to others in my community.
Whenever someone does something nice for me, especially when it’s a stranger or completely unexpected, it makes my day and I end up telling everyone all about it!
Whenever I think about that, it makes me want to do nice things for other people! Even the smallest act of kindness can go a long way. In case you need a jump start on some ideas of what to do, here are a few!
20 Random Acts of Kindness Ideas
1. Buy coffee for the person behind you in line.
2. Leave a cold bottle of water or hot tea (depending on the weather!) for your mailman.
3. Bake cookies for your neighbors.
4. Send a text to a friend telling them how wonderful they are.
5. Call someone you haven’t seen in a while and invite them to dinner.
6. Visit an elderly grandparent or neighbor.
7. Send a card to someone you love.
8. Drop off a freezer meal for a busy mom.
9. Compliment a stranger on their hair, outfit, etc.
10. Donate towels or blankets to an animal shelter.
11. Leave a note on someone’s car telling them how amazing they parked.
12. Compliment a parent on how well behaved their child is out in public.
13. Give a tired looking mom at Target a Starbucks gift card.
14. Leave a card for your spouse in their car to find as they head out to work.
15. Take chocolate to the nurses at your local hospital (better yet, the nurses who helped out when you delivered a baby, brought your parent in for an illness, etc.).
16. Visit a nursing home and paint the resident’s nails or just sit and listen to them.
17. Send a young couple dessert while at dinner.
**This adorable pot is from Gordmans! I also have it in green and purple. They’re great options for both flowers or plants (fake or real!).
19. Stick a post-it note on your coworker’s computer telling them something you appreciate about them while their on their lunch break.
20. Serve at your local homeless shelter.
I hope this list gives you some ideas of nice things you can do for others – and I hope you do some of them!
There’s no better feeling than the joy of making someone else smile.
Also, for the month of April, Gordmans will be hosting give back initiatives to raise money for the American Heart Association!
For every #GetPumpedForHeartHealth photo shared as a post on either Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag, Gordmans will donate $1.00 to support American Heart Association (up to $10,000). Find even more info here.
Let’s all do our part to be kind to others AND raise some money for the American Heart Association!