Now that I’m 3 months into my second kid I’ve figured out a few things that are helpful when it comes to nursing and/or pumping. With Roy I breastfed or pumped for 6 months and I nursed Penelope for 2 months and have done a full month of exclusively pumping.
I’m sure there a ton of products out there that I’m completely missing when it comes to nursing or pumping but these are the ones that I’ve personally tried and love! If you have any other suggestions be sure to leave a comment and let me know!
- I bought one with Penelope and it saved my life. I don’t know why I didn’t get this with Roy!
2. A bunch of good nursing tanks
- I got a Blanqi pull down tank and love it because I can actually put my pump in it so I don’t have to use the Breastpump Bra every time! It’s super soft and great for sucking everything in too. 😉 I wear these every single day so I highly suggest getting a few so you have less laundry to do!
- I drink 1-3 cups of this a day. It tastes so much better than the Mother’s Milk and you can use the same tea bag numerous times.
- I always leak like crazy in the mornings and for pretty much every feeding for the first 2 months so this was an easy way to collect an extra 1-2oz each feeding by literally doing nothing! And it prevented me from soaking Penelope like I soaked Roy when I fed him!
5. Milkful Bars
- I was able to try out a box of these and they significantly increased my supply! I ate one before bed and pumped an extra 3oz one morning!
6. A good nursing cover (if you want to be covered up when you’re in public)
- I love my MilkSnob one because it’s lightweight so I never felt like my kids were suffocating and dual purpose!
There you have it! I really wish I would have used ALL of these with both babies when in reality I only used the nursing cover! Learn from my mistakes, people! 🙂
What is one of your must haves for nursing or pumping?