If you have several Lego sets in your house, storing and keeping all those small Lego pieces can be an absolute nightmare.
They can take up quite a bit of storage space and if anyone in your household accidentally steps on one in the middle of the night, it can seriously hurt. OW!
If your kid has a Lego obsession and you’re looking for a great way to help organize the many bits and pieces that make up a Lego collection, this post is for you. I’ve rounded up all the best Lego storage ideas and products out there.
What To Consider When Looking for Lego Storage
The right Lego storage for you depends on who is using it, where it is in your house, whether you have a small or huge collection, and how your builder stays most organized. When shopping for the ideal Lego storage containers or displays, make sure to consider the following:
- Does your storage need to enable easy and quick clean-up? Storage bags are easier to move around than storage boxes and occupy less space. If you’re storing Legos in your living room or other high traffic area, a storage bag might be the best option.
- Multi-purpose options like a table offer storage and a place for the kids to sit and play with their Legos on top of the table. You can even look up plans online for a DIY Lego table.
- Does your builder want to leave the finished product intact where they can see it? You need to consider storage solutions that also act as a display.
- Organizers with different compartments are the best solutions if you have different sizes of Lego blocks that must be separated and stored. Will you sort by type of piece, brick size, or by Lego set? That should factor into your choice of Lego organization system.
- Go for heavy-duty, high-quality storage bins or drawers that keep the little pieces protected and away from damage, especially if you have pets that chew or babies.
Paisley + Sparrow is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This post may include affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission if you shop using the links below at no additional cost to you.
19 Lego Storage Ideas
Lego storage options don’t have to be boring. A wide selection of Lego storage ideas makes tidying up almost as fun as playing with the Legos. Here are some storage pieces worth considering.
1. Room Copenhagen Lego Storage Brick Drawer
- Modeled after the original LEGO bricks, these are the perfect addition to any master builder’s household
- Encourage kids to have their playroom neat and tidy with fun containers for their bricks, keeping them off the floor and out of sight
- Make organization into decoration in your household with these stackable storage options that build like classic LEGO bricks
This storage piece doubles as a decorative piece for your child’s room. They come in attractive colors, perfect for adding a pop of color to a room.
A single storage brick can hold up to 800 pieces so you’ll never have a brick lying around again. The best part? They stack!
2. Lego Storage Cinch Bucket
- Haul handle allows for easy transport
- Cinch closure lets you store your LEGO collection
- Clear base for visibility and easy cleaning
- Collapses all the way down for easy storage
- Available in LEGO Red and Blue
Do your kids love taking their Lego sets to their friend’s place or a playgroup? A cinch bucket is the perfect tool for carrying Lego sets from one place to another.
The addition of a cinch closure makes it a handy feature to keep small pieces from accidentally falling out.
3. Toy Storage Basket and Play Mat
- Holds +70% more toys
- Unique design
- Detachable XXL mat
What’s better than a storage basket that opens up and functions as a play mat? If Lego clean-up has been a nightmare for you, you need to purchase this basket.
You’ll save yourself the tedious task of picking one piece up at a time and clear your floor space in no time. Just open the mat to let your kid enjoy their playtime. When your child is done, just pull the mat up and tip the pieces into the storage bin it’s attached to.
4. Lego 3-Drawer Storage Rack System
- Stacked Storage Drawers: Tidy up the playroom with this storage system featuring 3 drawers for you to separate and store your LEGO bricks
- Included Building Baseplate: The top of the Drawer Rack System features a 32 x 32 LEGO stud baseplate where you can build your amazing creations
- Creative Label System: The front of each drawer features a small 4 x 6 LEGO stud baseplate to use as an innovative labeling system
- Make Cleaning Fun: Crafted from bright and durable plastic, this storage system is designed so that kids are happy to pick up their LEGO bricks
- Product Specifications: The 3 Drawer Rack Storage System measures 13-2/3” x 12-3/4” x 15”; drawers are semitransparent in blue, green, and red
A drawer rack storage system comes with removable drawers and is the perfect Lego storage solution. Each drawer has the right depth for keeping a lot of Legos inside. If disorganized Lego sets have been your concern, consider sorting your Lego pieces by drawer.
You can come up with the organizational system that makes sense and provides easy access for you.
5. Bins & Things Stackable Toys Organizer Storage Case
Bins & Things features a portable and see-through storage case that has 18 different compartments for sorting your Lego pieces. The size of the compartments can be adjusted to your liking, and this case has three stackable levels.
If your kid loves to travel around with toys, this case with its easy-to-carry handle is lightweight and very portable.
6. Drawstring Toy Bag
Just pull the drawstrings and everything is packed in the toy sack without wasting time on finding that little piece. Please note that swoop bag doesn't close completely. The more weight in the toy storage bag - better it closes.
Want easy clean-up? With this drawstring toy bag and 55-inch play mat, easily put the Legos away by gathering the ends of the mat and tugging on the drawstring until it wraps around the Legos and conveniently turns into a bag.
7. Lego Storage Head
- Get creative with your cleaning by sorting your bricks in LEGO Stackable Storage Heads just like the ones on your minifigures
- Tidy up all your LEGO bricks into one convenient place so they never get lost or stepped on again
- These figure heads are stackable allowing you to organize and decorate playrooms and kids’ rooms while saving storage space
- Available in three sizes as well as different faces including a skeleton and pumpkin for a playful variety of organization options
Asking a child to tidy up their room is no easy feat. But when you have something as exciting as a giant Lego head for storage, cleaning up becomes more interesting and fun.
This storage piece is stackable and a unique way to store Legos. It comes in a few different options, including a girl, a boy, a pumpkin and a skeleton.
8. Room Copenhagen, Lego Round Brick
- Classic Lego design: modelled on the original LEGO bricks, these are the perfect addition to any master building household
- Storage blocks in classic LEGO colours
- Encourage children to keep their playroom tidy and tidy with fun containers for their stones to keep them off the ground and out of sight
- Organize your household with these stackable storage options built like classic LEGO bricks
- The Room Copenhagen Brick Boxes are available in tons of colours and four iconic LEGO sizes so you can create huge storage structures
This round brick is another Lego-inspired storage space. Similar to the Lego Storage Head, the giant and colorful round bricks are stackable and fit together like real Lego bricks. Even better, there are six bright colors to choose from so you can have several of these fun storage spaces in your child’s room.
Minifigure Display Ideas
One of the most iconic elements of Lego toys is the mini-figures. It isn’t at all surprising that many children (and adults!) have a collection in their homes.
Here are some creative products to help you display your mini-figures in a fun way and with convenient storage:
9. Lego Mini Figure Display Case
Shaped like a large transparent Lego brick, this display case can store up to 16 mini-figures at once. It comes with easy-to-open doors and can go perfectly on your walls or desk.
Mini figures can be firmly fixed on top of the Lego surfaces inside the case so they won’t fall down or wobble while inside.
10. KKU Display Case for Mini Figures and Action Figures
- Acrylic display case made of transparent durable and sturdy material, display case for figures will protect your minifigures from dust, heat,corrosion and other damages, to display your figure collections.
- Suitable for vinyl figures in various brands, action brick building blocks, toy cars and so on, to place them freely according the figures size and number of your minifigures.
- Size about: 10 x 6.1 x 5.4 inches. The figure block case can exhibit up to 35 minifigures neatly at the same time. Including 1x Display Case 3×moveable layers (Not Including minifigures action blocks)
If you’d like to display all your mini-figures together instead of storing them in individual compartments, KKU’s display case is an excellent option.
Their display case is made of high-quality acrylic and has three movable platforms inside so you can customize your display. This case can neatly fit up to 35 mini-figures at once.
11. Room Copenhagen, Lego Play and Display Case
A more colorful way to keep all your mini-figures together in one compartment is Room Copenhagen’s display case. It comes with a colorful Lego-inspired backdrop and two fixed tiers for placing your favorite mini-figures. It’s available in blue and red.
12. Lego Store Exclusive Minifigure Collector Frame
- Hang/stand the frame or lay it down flat.
- Measures over 11" (29cm) square and 1" (2cm) deep.
Since this display frame lets you fix your Lego mini-figures on tiny ledges, your display gets a nice 3D effect. You can even move the ledges around to further customize your display. This frame has a stand at the back so you can prop it up on a desk or a shelf.
Depending on your configuration, the frame can hold up to 25 mini-figures at once. You also get a free mini-fig!
13. Wooden Wall-Mounted Display Shelves
- 5 shelves wooden rack for displaying your various collections, figurines, action figures, and etc.
- The wooden shelves slide in and out easily, allowing you to adjust the height of each level
- It can be easily mounted on the wall with proper mounting hardware to save more space
- Wood; Overall: 11"W x 3.13"D x 16.13"H; Shelf: 2.75"H
Display all your Lego figures by placing them on these beautiful wooden wall-mounted shelf racks. Five wooden racks are present on a single shelf, and each rack easily slides in and out.
Built Lego Set Display/Storage Ideas
When your child spends hours working on their Lego masterpieces, they may not want to take them apart when they’re finished. It’s a work of art, after all! Here are some recommended options for displaying and storing your child’s completed set and own creations:
14. Build On Wall Or Table – Customize Building Block Wall
- Suitable for living room, desktop, Furniture surface, Children's room, toy house, Office, shopping mall, education center, etc.
- Building blocks fully work with all Major brands. Kids can easily mix with their building bricks for endless building possibilities and kids fun.
- Educational toy set includes 8 Pcs Large Green baseplate, 444 pcs compatible building bricks, 70 pcs double-sided adhesive tape
- Each base plate is fixed with 8 double-sided adhesive, which is not easy to fall off. Can be used for smooth surfaces such as wood, glass, metal, paint furniture and stucco walls.
Imagine a Lego canvas that’s attached to your wall and you’ll understand why this product by Burgkidz is such a great product. You can easily install this on any wall while encouraging your child’s creativity. It’s perfect for a playroom or kid’s room!
15. Construction Play Table With Storage Drawers and Built-In Plate
- This Kids Play Table is sized right for toddlers and kids aged 3+. The height is conveniently sized for young children, making it easy for them to access the table while either kneeling or sitting on the floor.
- The tabletop surface is made of Double Sided Playboard ,you can converts from construction playtime table to smooth surface table for creative playtime , it provides the perfect play space for building fun! Plus, when the building is over, flip the top panel to find a smooth surface for creative play
- Construction panel is compatible with compatible with most major building bricks.
- When it’s time to pack up the building blocks, take them away to the drawers. With all your blocks nearby, it’s easy to start building all over again.
Give your children a Lego play table where they can work on their Lego creations. Store the brick pieces in the different drawers underneath the table and use the surface for playing and experimenting with Legos. Build a whole city, and leave it as a work in progress for you builder to work on for days.
16. Floating Shelves For Wall
- Wall Mounted Floating Shelves Size: The 3 pack wooden shelves for wall contain 3 different dimensions: Large Shelves 24 x 5.7 x 1.96inches, Medium Shelves 24x 3.7 x 1.96 inches, Small Shelves 24 x 3.7 x 1.96 inches. You can create your favorite mounting arrangement in various ways
A floating shelf is multi-purpose and can be used for displaying a variety of things, including mini-figures.
Mix and match the decor of your house by placing books, collectibles, and Lego creations all in the same place. This can fit in with kid, teen or even grownup decor in shared spaces.
17. Ladder Bookshelf Organizer
- 5-tier tall standing bookcase for displaying books, keepsakes, décor, photos and more
- Descending "ladder" style design with shelf depth increasing toward the bottom; 14-inch max shelf depth
- Straight back installs flat against a wall; angled front creates an efficient, space saving look
- Solid rubberwood frame; each shelf holds 25 pounds
- Minimal, modern design complements a variety of interior aesthetics
- Easy to assemble with provided instructions and hardware
- Bookshelf Dimensions: 24.8 x 14 x 70.1 inches (WxDxH)
Bookshelves are excellent for Lego displays. This 5-tier ladder style bookshelf is a great conversation starter, easy to assemble, and can be placed anywhere without occupying too much space.
18. Wood Floating Nursery Shelves
Here’s a beautiful nursery version for display shelves. This bookshelf is made of fir and pinewood and features sturdy metal anchors for easy installation. These shelves can grow with your children, to hold everything from stuffed animals to books to Legos.
19. Hanging Shelf Organizer Rack
This hanging shelf organizer is just the right touch between rustic and contemporary design. It is a practical and easy way to display Lego creations along with other decorative pieces. Use it in a living room where the kids play, or paint it to match your child’s bedroom colors.